Monday, July 23, 2012

A List of Things I Hate

I hate generators. They want fuel, we give them fuel. Then they say they want oil so we give them oil. Next thing you know, they break down after an hour and refuse to start up again. What is it this time, they say the don't know. So we call Dr. Mechanic and he comes and says we have to take generator to his hospital at workshop avenue. Hmmm...so generator comes back and everything is good for about two days. Today we put on generator and it comes on at one pull(not the usual till thy arms are about to fall off) and we are smiling. Alas when we change over all we can hear is the sound of all the bulbs in the house exploding. Damn!! Foolishly we run into the house to save broken bulbs instead of switching the damn thing off. Boom goes the TV. Bammm goes the fridge. Blaoowww goes the air condition and downnnnnn goes the fan and while i am writing this, ping goes my phone battery.... 
What was i saying? Oh, yes, I really hate generators. But i hate nepa even more. 



I hate nepa but they don't know it so i thought i should tell them. You are probably wondering why i am writing instead of marching into thier office and just saying whats on my mind. The thing is i am a little held back right now...in prison. What did i do? Well i tried to tell nepa how i felt about them is what. You see i picked up my phone and tried to call but i couldn't get a good connection and so my dislike for MTN grew. I went to a mast near my house and climbed it so as to get a good connection. At this point let me just mention that i think all masts are the same so dont blame me if i didnt know it belonged to visafone. Anyway some policeman shouts at me to get down and i try to explain but he cant hear me. I wave my hands to try to get my point across but lose my balance in the process. Isnt it just my luck that my phone slips and luckily falls on his head instead of the ground? Well he didnt seem to see it that way. I need the phone ofcourse so i climb back down to retrieve it and he promptly places me in cuffs. Now i'm pretty sure i could have wriggled my way out of that but the visafone technicians chose to show up just then. Turns out they had an interferance and needed to check it out. Would you belive that dumb policeman looked at me with a raised eyebrow? Did i mention i hate the police and its not because i am black? Anyway so i tried to explain how i hate nepa but they got angry when i mentioned the mast. Fine, i suggested...smart me...that they should call MTN. I am thier customer afterall, they should look after me. So we dialed 180 and waited for over 30mins. Naturally we got bored so we called ETISALAT. Would you belive those arabs actually picked? And i cant get a good connection with MTN? Anyway all of a sudden climbing masts became an offence somewhere in the constitution and an etibaba lawyer confirmed it. 
So please don't climb masts and please help me give nepa this message: I HATE YOU....Please bring the light. 
And i am begining to Hate MTN too. 
But right now, I REALLY HATE THE POLICE!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment