Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Unbricking Phantom A

Unbricking Tecno A

Ok so you rooted and installed apps and somehow and someway you managed to brick your device...lets fix it.

FILES
First of all, here are the files you will need:

1. Stock rom for phantom A: Here and get the flash files here

2. Specific flashtool that works on A: Here

3. Drivers for the A: Here (I would advice that you uninstall any previous drivers for any tecno you have installed as they might cause a conflict. here is a way to test if your drivers are working properly. with the phone off, open your computers device manager and plug the phone. you should see "mediatek preloader..." come up for about 5 seconds and disappear. if it shows with a yellow arrow on it then the drivers are not installed correctly. if it doesnt have the yellow arrow then you are good to go.)

DISCLAIMER: Follow THESE instructions and Download THESE files for TECNO PHANTOM A only. I will not be held for any mishap caused by instructions followed from somewhere else.


HOW TO FLASH:
1. now open the folder where u downloaded d files to (everything must be in d same folder o) and cut the scatter file out and paste it in anoda place (anywhere. just make sure its not in d same folder as the other files).
open sp flash tools and use d file tab to load DAT scatter file.

2. now it should show you a list of things to flash. untick everything except recovery, boot and system (that means only these 3 should be ticked o). now double click on d word recovery and select d recovery you downloaded there. please make sure everything is in d same folder o.
do the same for the boot and system image u downloaded.

3. remove the bat3 from the bricked or unhappy A. click download in sp flash tools and plug d bricked f7. flashing will begin and when it ends you should see a green circle. if it doesnt start den remove and plug again. if you try three times and it doesnt flash den u didnt install the drivers correctly.

4.if you see the green circle then congrats you have successfully flashed your phone. now please first things first, after you finish patting yourself on the back about what a wonderful guru you are. put off the phone and wait for it to vibrate. the hold the volume up button and press and hold the power button until it shows you three options. use the volume button to navigate to recovery mode and use the volume down button to select it. cwm should boot. now please backup your phone.

thank you guys...its been a pleasure.

If You have any questions, place a comment here.


14 comments:

  1. Pls will this work on Phantom A+ ? pls i need an urgent reply, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO it won't. Check my other posts for the method and files for the A+

    ReplyDelete
  3. nyc work bro. Hope God God has given u d strent 2 work on kitkat stable rom for a+ + a2 a3 p5 m5 nd oda 2.3 devices. Its nt easy i knw. Nyc wrk bro

    ReplyDelete
  4. payne i've got ma hands on the A3 bro na rooting things on ma mind oh. pls keep me posted when i can get recovery for this

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still prefer the a+ to a3, the only diff is the extra assesaries (16gb,power bank and pouch) that came with the a3 that gives it an edge over the A+.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Plzzzz seun, i really need phantom A stock rom.i still can boot into recovery.plzz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks sir how do i download d flash file, dere not on one folder or zip as d others once i downloaded.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Pyne for being such an Olodo but I honestly don't understand "phantom A" means TECNO F8. Please I need to be sure because that the device I own, a TECNO F8 device. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oga Seun thanks for ur good work May God continue to strengthen you. I really need your help . I flashed my phantom A with the thunderous nightmare custom ROM cos I like d feel and look of it on my bros phantom A+ but after that I discovered it didn't give me same look and my phone no longer charge when switched off even when I reflashed it with the tecno rom I backed up. Do you have any solution to this please. I really need you help.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodday Mr. Seun...
    I really need ur help on the step by steps in order to unbrick my TECNO P5....
    Its been brick for a while now but have not been able to get it fixed...
    It will just stop booting @d Tecno Logo....Sir,kindly help me with the files to download,and the steps to take in unbricking TECNO P5......THANK U SIR...

    ReplyDelete
  11. i see a lot of files on the tecno f7 folder on google drive. which do i download?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wen i click download after ticking boot img, system img and recovery it says boot image arent loaded correctly and wen i click download, the progress bar dosent move, it just stops at 0%

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mr. Seun, please any reply to the former comment because that's exactly the same thing that happens to me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please sir help me out, my usb isn't steady for me to complete the unbricking process on my tecno f7, it just loads n removes itself, it can't steady, please what could be the fault.

    ReplyDelete